Saturday, November 08, 2008

Halloween

The neighborhood had a parade the Sunday before Halloween. Both boys wore their Spiderman costumes. Even though Cade is 2 yrs younger than Drew he fit just fine in Drew's costume from last year. Drew really wanted to be Spiderman again this year. The parade ended at several houses with pinatas. Drew had lots of fun hitting the pinata and diving for candy once it broke. I think he collected 50 Tootsie rolls that have conveniently ended up at work to be eaten by starving grad students. Cade was very content with a bag of popcorn (yes, I know this is an extreme choking hazard for young children!).

Halloween day the boys wore their costumes to school and then they had them on again for Trick Or Treating. We went to our 5 immediate neighbors whom we know well. I realized that could be a problem when Drew kept running into their houses. Next year we'll have to hit some new houses so Drew can learn the art of saying Trick or Treat and not making himself at home.

The night after Halloween was the Voight's big Haunted Trail. Drew had been looking forward to it for weeks and I don't think he was disappointed. He didn't seemed scared at all which is a bit frightening to me! Maybe because he was up there the weekend before "helping" Uncle Jeff with the decorations. Rolf had to put his mask on and off a few times before Cade figured out what it was. We all dressed up as cowboys (except for Geeves the animated statue between us). Geeves played music for all the arriving guests and Cade had a great time dancing for everyone.

3 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

D&R, if you see a sale on Spiderman costumes, you might as well get one of each size. Mark and I went out with a seven-year-old this Halloween who's STILL Spiderman!
--Gail

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

D&R, if you see a sale on Spiderman costumes, you might as well get one of each size. Mark and I went out with a seven-year-old this Halloween who's STILL Spiderman!
--Gail

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

It's great when they want to be the same thing for consecutive halloweens - ...saves money.... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home